Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Great Time To Be A Gamer

I was sitting here discussing Project Natal and Modern Warfare 2 with my Dad, and I showed him videos of Project Natal, and he was just completely amazed. He just can't believe how far videogames have come. He reminded me that I started my video game hobby as a kid with an Atari 5200, and then my first true love was Nintendo. He told me that he remembers every time they would buy me a new console, when he seen it he would think that there is nothing going to come out with better graphics then this, but yes something always does, and the industry keeps evolving.

After our conversation, I just started to think about everything going on in the Industry right now, and how fortunate we gamers are today. We get to play near reality looking games, games for all situations and genres, watch movies on our consoles, stream movies from netflix on our consoles, Keep in touch with friends both in the Xbox World and off on our console, and play with people all over the world with our console. Well all of this might not sound like much to people who play everyday, but just imagine if you told people with a Super Nintendo back in 1995 that in less than 15 years they will be able to do all that stuff. The Nintendo player would have been amazed, and probably would not believe you.

A new era is approaching with Project Natal, it is going to be yet another technological achievement that takes our industry 10 steps further, and broadens the video game industry to people who don't like controllers. With all this said, I think we should appreciate all we have, because it truly is a great time to be a gamer.
share on: facebook

No comments: