Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Cant Do That.....

So today, this guy was in my office, and I asked him " Your always so damn happy, what gives?" he said to me " I just live everyday like its going to be my last bud." After he left I pondered this concept for a while, then i realized, I CANT DO THAT, and here is why:

A. If i lived every day like I was dying, I would be obese by the end of the year. I mean lets face it, if it was our last day to live, we would eat all the desserts, fatty foods, and most calorie filled foods imaginable.

B. I would be unemployed. If it was my last day to live, the last place in the World I would be is at work.

C. I would be a chain smoker. Yes I quit smoking, but only to prolong my health and save money. If I thought it was my last day to live I would be smoking like a champ.

D. My family would be plain sick of me. If i lived a day like it was my last, then I would spend every moment with my family, and they would be tired of my ass within a week.

I could go on and on, but the point here is that I don't think its truly possible to sustain a normal happy life if you "lived every day like it was your last." So with that said, maybe we should just live, and treat every day like its a gift, and try to enjoy it as much as possible.
share on: facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live every day like it's something new :)