Saturday, June 13, 2009

Xbox 360 New Console Rumors



It looks as if 1UP is either on to something or purely guessing but they have started a rumor avalanche. When checking out Joystiq, Kotaku, and 1UP today, each one of them had a major rumor in the tune of a New Xbox console coming next fall catering specifically to Project Natal.

The rumor basically is that Microsoft is going to launch Project Natal with a brand new slimmed down, simplified version of the Xbox 360. I personally don't think MS will do this for a couple of reasons:

A. They already have flooded the marketplace with 3 SKUS, one more would surely confuse the consumers. (unless they scrap the Arcade in favor of the rumored one)

B. The Xbox 360 is a very popular brand, and to ditch that name would be a loss.

So all in all, I think 1UP is looking to much into Shane Kims words. When he said it will be treated as a launch, I am thinking that he means that in the terms of: massive amounts of publicity, a good solid 12 or more games for Natal, and enough hardware and software support for Natal on the launch day to make it successful. What do you guys think?
share on: facebook

3 comments:

maniaccat said...

Please, no..

Kevin A. said...

@ Maniaccat

Dont worry, its just gonna be a 360 with natal included. It will probably replace the arcade sku. And plus, we will all be able to buy Natal separate anyways.

maniaccat said...

Meh natal. It looks like a dumbdowned version of the wii tbh. I dont see any good coming of this. I want to keep controllers.